In spring 2007, the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Plant Industry launched a new web site called PaPlants at www.paplants.state.pa.us. This web site provides information about several of the Bureau’s programs including its pesticide program. (One side note to keep in mind while visiting this web site: in order to go back to a previous page, you need to find and click on the Back button in the web page, not your browser’s back button.)
If you highlight Pesticide Programs on the left hand side, you can click on one of the following topics:
- Applicator Credit/Business Lookup: Here you can enter your certification ID number and last name to see your basic recertification status. Information shown includes your address, certification expiration date, and the number of credits needed for each category and by when.
- Recertification Course Locator: Applicators can find onsite and online recertification credit meetings. For our in-state applicators, be sure to select “Pennsylvania Only” in the State drop down menu and then select your PDA Region to find meetings closest to you. More information about using this page was provided in the February 8th blog.
- Certification Exam Locations: People wanting to take the pesticide certification examination can find information about exam times and dates, and can even pre-register online. At this time, the PDA cannot accept online payments but they do encourage the online pre-registration.
- Application for Course Approval: This is for meeting coordinators to request pesticide recertification credits for their meetings. This form is emailed to the appropriate regional office for response.
- PSU Pesticide Education Site: This is a link to our web site.
Be a PaPlants Registered User: If you want more information (see list) about your certification, you can choose to register with the PaPlants web site.
- License information
- Mailing Address
- Exams dates and results, recertification credits acquired, credits required, credits needed, and date credits are due
- Meetings Attended
In order to be a registered user, you need to know two unique numbers (PaPlants ID and Pin) to complete the process. These numbers are printed on almost all the materials you receive in the mail from the Bureau of Plant Industry. If you received a renewal form and still have it, these numbers are in the middle of the page above the PDA mailing address label.
Once you have these two numbers, go to the web site and click on Logon/Register on the home page and on the Login Page click on the Register button. Fill in the required information, including a “User Name,” which is one word that can contain letters and numbers, and “Password.” Click Save when done. Now you are back at the “Logon” page. From now on you can enter your “User Name” and “Password” and click on “Login” to access your information. This is what you need from now on to gain access to your information.
If you want to know your PaPlants ID and Pin number to register to view your online information, please fill out our web site contact form.
Until next time,