Bill Riden, our Pesticide Education Specialist, is today’s guest blogger. He is providing information about the upcoming Dealer Manager Certification Training Seminars he is coordinating.
Final opportunities for FREE Training Seminars and Exams
The free exam grace period ends November 10, 2012. The Pesticide Certified Dealer Manager Exam will cost $50 starting November 12, 2012.
If you are a pesticide dealer selling restricted use pesticides to customers in Pennsylvania:
You must have a certified dealer manager on staff (at each location) if you wish to sell restricted use pesticides in Pennsylvania. FURTHERMORE, dealerships will not be able to renew their Pesticide Dealer license for 2013 unless a Certified Pesticide Dealer Manager is at each location by December 31, 2012.
How do you become certified as a Dealer Manager?
- Grand-fathered: If you have a current and valid Commercial Pesticide Certification, you can automatically receive you Dealer Manager Certification by contacting your Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture at 717-772-5231 before November 10, 2012.
- Take the exam: You can take the 50 question exam from the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture. A schedule of exam dates and locations is available online at: https://www.paplants.state.pa.us/. You can also register at this site to take the Pesticide Dealer Manager exam.
- Attend a FREE training seminar and then take the exam: The Penn State Pesticide Education Program is offering several pre-exam training seminars to prepare participants for the exam. Upcoming training sessions are listed below. You must pre-register as space is limited at each site.
Training Seminar Information
These seminars and exams are being offered free of charge. Future training sessions and exams (after November 7, 2012) will have fees associated with them. Exam fees will cost $50.00 starting November 12, 2012.
The training will run from 9:00am to 2:00pm with the exam being given at 2:00pm. Please note that you do not need to take the exam at this time.
Reserve your spot today, as only a limited number of people will be accepted. Contact Kathy Branstetter of the Penn State Pesticide Education Program at email@example.com or 814-863-0263. The seminar and training materials are free but lunch will be at your own expense.
Training Dates and Locations
For directions to each site, click on the county on this map. Directions are listed just under the address on the left hand side of each County Extension home page. Please note: Core Recertification credits will NOT be provided at these trainings.
- September 26, 2012 at Lancaster County Extension Office
1383 Arcadia Road, Lancaster, PA 17601
- October 9, 2012 at Westmoreland County Extension Office
214 Donohoe Road, Greensburg, PA 15601
- October 11, 2012 at Crawford County Extension Office
13400 Dunham Road, Meadville, PA 16335
- October 17, 2012 at Franklin County Extension Office
181 Franklin Farm Lane, Chambersburg, PA 17202
- October 23, 2012 at Luzerne County Extension Office
16 Luzerne Ave., West Pittson, PA 18643
- October 24, 2012 at Lycoming County Extension Office
542 County Farm Road, Lysock View Complex, Montoursville, PA 17754
- October 25, 2012 at Northumberland County Extension Office
443 Plum Creek Road, Sunbury, PA 17801
- October 31, 2012 at Butler County Extension Office
101 Motor Pool Way, Butler, PA 16001
- November 7, 2012 at Montgomery County Extension Office
1015 Bridge Road, Collegeville, PA 19426
For questions about the training, please contact Bill Riden at firstname.lastname@example.org or 814-865-5192.
We also have a PDF Flyer (Fall 2012 Dealer Manager Trainings).
Until next time,